Leandog Inc, 1151 N Marginal Road, Cleveland, OH
Thu, Oct 6, 2016, 6:00PM
How OpenSpace Works:
OpenSpace is a small set of rules that allow groups of people to interact in a simple, productive, organized way to create valuable dialogs that address the participants' most important issues. We will hope to have enough time for 2 or 3 45 minute sessions.
The Fundamental "Rules" of the sessions are:
• Whoever shows up is the right group
• Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
• Whenever it starts is the right time
• When it's over, it's over.
To lead an OpenSpace Talk:
• Come up with an interesting topic and title for your discussion.
• Post the title / short description of your topic.
• If you see topics that have something in common, consider combining them into a single time slot.
• Start the discussion when you're ready, although we will have designated time slots to promote introduction of new topics for discussion throughout the evening.
Hacktoberfest (in parallel) :
Celebrate open source this October by participating in Hacktoberfest, a month-long festival of code organized by our friends at DigitalOcean and hosted on GitHub. To participate, simply open a pull request and contribute to any open source project. You can fix a bug, add a feature, or even improve some documentation.
6:00 - Open Discussions, Networking
6:20 - Announcements
6:30 - Post open space topics / locations
6:30 - Post Hacktoberfest projects of interest
6:35 - Break up into open space groups for ~45 mins
6:35 - Break up into pairs to work on Hacktoberfest projects
9:00 - Finish up sessions and help to clean up
9:20 - Doors close
Parking is always free - turn left into the drive just past the USS Cod, go to the left of the booth (there is no gate and you don't have to pay) and grab a parking spot. Walk to the boat. We'll be in the downstairs LeanDog space (door to the left) at the front of the boat.View on Meetup